-Two-sided A2 fold-out poster insert -Download card for full album + bonus track
- Volume One: Dilemmas of Identity
- Lower Floor
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- 8 February 2019
In stock, shipping now.
WAV / FLAC$7.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
First release in a new multi-part series of solo releases by the Wolf Eyes frontman. An evolution from the previous Regression material, taking in elements of classic synth soundtracks, ambient and electronic body music, but filtered through a typically off-centre Michigan underground sensibility.
In the Regression series–Regression (2009), Stay Asleep (2011), Other Days (2012), Blinding Confusion (2013)–Young drew a compositional aesthetic from Italian library music and musique concrète. Since then, Young has been interpreting the traditional musical methods of rhythm and melody into complex synthesizer compositions. These songs were commonly made as a distraction from grief, seasonal depression, and isolation. Sometimes severely ridiculous and unrelenting; other times slow, sparse and strange; this material didn’t fit in with the Regression series. It was archived and unreleased until now.
- 1 In The Shadow Of 4:53 Nate Young Buy
- 2 Mindless Voices 4:13 Nate Young Buy
- 3 The Weeping Babe 4:23 Nate Young Buy
- 4 Crumpled Body 4:55 Nate Young Buy
- 5 Vents Of Blue 4:04 Nate Young Buy
- 6 Dribbling Insane 5:36 Nate Young Buy
- 7 Flushing 3:58 Nate Young Buy
- 8 On Repeat 4:27 Nate Young Buy
- 9 Pardon The Mess 4:05 Nate Young Buy